My Favorite Virginia Residents!

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Crystal Hard at Work?!


Each year in October Marriott puts on a company picnic for headquarters employees at the Marriott Ranch in Hume, VA. It's a great family activity and it's the perfect time of year for a ranch party. The autumn leaves are changing and decorate the landscape with shades of green, yellow, orange and red. It's particularly enjoyable since the ranch is located close to the Shenandoah Valley and so after the picnic you can take a leisurely scenic drive through the area. This year I invited several friends (Amanda Greathouse, Mike Call, & Kat Pence) to join me as my "family members" for the day and we had a wonderful time.

The day's menu included St. Louis style ribs, BBQ chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, chili, hot apple cider, apple cobbler and pumpkin pie. Yee haw! The activities at the ranch include Radar Golf, a Moon Bounce, Hay Wagon Rides, Horseback Rides, a Petting Zoo, Horseshoes, Trackless Train Ride, Shuffleboard, Carnival Games, Live Music, a Rock Climbing Wall, Soccer, Volleyball, Caricature Artists, etc. And the best part is that everything is free!! We spent most of our time standing in line for the caricature artists and having our caricatures drawn. I asked my artist to draw me hard at work as a Paralegal at Marriott. Here is his depiction of me (... now, if I only really looked that official at work!).






No comments:

Sunrise at Skudders Beach

Sunrise at Skudders Beach
A View from our Balconey