My Favorite Virginia Residents!

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy Valentines Day?! :)

I admit that Valentines Day just isn't a big deal to me. Perhaps its because we didn't really celebrate this day growing up in New Zealand, or perhaps because it usually feels more like a Single Awareness Day (S.A.D. day), or perhaps, because it feels like yet another day to make people feel like they must spend money. I personally believe that any day can be a day to celebrate love. Valentine's day just feels so planned, so non- spontaneous. On the other hand, I guess it also gives us a reason to "plan" to show our love to others which I guess isn't a bad thing. Anyways, this year I went along with my roommates who were in the "loving" mood and helped them bake sugar cookies for our neighbors. Because we started the process so late in the evening, we got a little spastic the more sugar we consumed. Neither of us are dating anyone at the current time and we began to think of "one liners" from songs that we could write on the cookies. Given our "social situation", these are a few of the one-liners we came up with.


In addition, we made cookies for our single girl neighbors that said "I believe in miracles" and some for our guy neighbors that said "No woman, no cry!" (Luckily, they know us well and get our sarcastic humor!)

No comments:

Sunrise at Skudders Beach

Sunrise at Skudders Beach
A View from our Balconey